MONTMORENCY COUNTY COMMISSION ON AGING
CONGREGATE MEAL REOPENING EFFECTIVE MARCH 15, 2021
With the reopening of the Atlanta and Hillman Senior Centers there will be certain requirements that MCCOA must follow to safely reopen for Congregate Meal Service. Meal attendees should be familiar with the changes prior to attending a meal service. The changes include:
- Advance registration must be made. No walk-in meal attendees will be allowed. Center phone numbers are: Atlanta—785-3932; Hillman—742-3013. On-line registration is also available at montmorencycoa.org and select the center of choice, completing the form. Center doors will open at 4:30 pm and dinner served at 5:00 p.m.
- Meal attendees are encouraged to wear face coverings at all times except when consuming their meal. Physical contact is strongly discouraged. We encourage you to reconnect with your friends but ask that you do so safely.
- Entrance and exits will be clearly marked and 6’ distance will be noted on the floor.
- Tables and chairs will be rearranged to follow the 6’ distancing requirement. Tables will have all items removed.
- MCCOA staff will greet and check-in meal attendees at the main entrance to confirm reservation and to limit the number of people to 50% capacity for entry. This process will include Covid-19 health screening.
- The donation box will be placed at the entrance. All meal attendees are requested to have the correct change on hand to limit physical contact.
- Meal attendees are encouraged to wash hands or use hand sanitizer before and after meal service.
- Cafeteria style meal service will be suspended. MCCOA nutrition employees will serve meal and beverages to attendees at their table. Soup, salad and beverage self-service will be suspended.
- Disposable products will be used when appropriate. MCCOA nutrition employees will clear the tables and sanitize at end of service.
- Water fountains, coffee makers and ice makers will be closed during meal service.
- No outside containers or bags may be brought onto premises. Removal of leftover food is restricted until further notice.
In addition, our Curbside Takeout Congregate Meal Service remains in effect in Atlanta and Hillman, Monday through Thursday. Reservations must be made no later than 11:00 a.m. of the requested day to the center of choice with pickup between 4:00 and 4:30 p.m. If you are unable to travel to one of the centers due to restrictions, and you meet program guidelines, you can receive Home Delivered Meals.
Our Home Delivered Meal service for Atlanta, Hillman and Lewiston will continue to operate with hot deliveries on Monday through Thursday and frozen meals delivered on Thursday’s for Friday through Sunday.
We want to be here for you and by all of us working together we can make the reopening of the centers a success. We miss you and look forward to seeing you once more!
Anna M. Rogers, Executive Director